Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hot Topics Paralegal


Keeping Client Confidentiality- Clients come to a lawyer to get legal advice and to hire them to take their cases to trial or to file paperwork. Everything they say is supposed to stay with that lawyer and the paralegal. If any of the information is told the whole case could be compromised. In today’s world this is harder than ever to do.


If Paralegals should be licensed- This would mean that they would be allowed to appear in court on behalf of the client. They would also be allowed to perform divorces, will executions, and real estate transactions. This would be a huge step for the Paralegal profession because they would be more of a lawyer than a secretary.

19 comments:

  1. The licensing issue appears to present a big conversation from all sides of the courtroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the licensing issue. It seems as though in your profession that would add an enormous amount of work to you from the lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to hear more about the reasoning behind licensing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that the issuing of licenses to paralegals would be a positive thing for the legal profession. I would like to hear more on this topic, as I am curious about the arguments of those against it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the license issue sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the confidentiality issue. It is hard to keep confidentiality so strict and then how do you prove that someone did tell someone else. If it was a verbal conversation with no-one around, what proof is there? This could be an interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vote is for the license issue. I have not heard anything about this so I found it the most interesting. It would be a good topic to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of the licensing issue. I see a lot of opportunities for clients as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping Client Confidentiality was the most interesting one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Client confidentiality is the most interesting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. licensing paralegals is a very interesting topic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your second topic on paralegals being licensed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The licensing of Paralegals sounds like an interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The paralegal license issue sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Confidentiality is very important, but I would like to hear more about Paralegals being licensed.

    ReplyDelete